Monday, August 4, 2008

Around The Cape and Back Again

I just returned last night from a quilt show on Cape Cod. What a wonderful place to visit...it is so beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me while I was driving so I can't share the sights with you. But I'll just say the scenery was so picturesque....rivers leading out to the sea and the boats bobbing in the water....oh yes, and let's not forget the fried scallops which were delicious!

So here are a few pictures you might like.... These are 2 pictures of my booth at this show. It was the 27th annual Bayberrry Quilt Guild show. What a nice group of quilters....and many beautiful quilts were on display that were made by it's talented members.



Next is my husband's domain - the outside.....he practically lives outside year-round, but especially in the summer, and has such a green thumb. We have the most wonderful organic fruits and vegetables! Who knew that asparagus could be so pretty??? We all know it is delicious to eat, but when you let it go to seed after the picking you get this... and it is spectacular.

And if you like dill , but never thought about it except as an ingredient in dill pickles, then you might like this bit of nature's artwork ..... dill growing in the garden.


Also, lettuce and marigolds make a pretty picture....

So here is a view of the garden from a distance - I'm so lucky to have the land we have and this beautiful backyard. And a husband who absolutely likes to make it that way. That way I can have the time I need inside the house, adoringly looking out the windows from my sewing machine (at him and the garden)!


Now awhile back I promised you some pictures from our cottage in Vermont - 8 miles from the Canadian border. We spent a week there in July with our 2 grandsons, Rory and Noah. Rory said it could only rain at night and then only on the other side of the lake .... and he pretty much got his wish. So when it rained on the other side of the lake, we had this magnificent rainbow from our yard looking out over the lake.

And in case you think Vermont is pure country .... here are some elk eating at their trough. This farm has 100's of elk and they are so majestic. I just had to throw a picture of them in.

So now I'm off the Lowell Quilt Festival. I'll be spending the next 2 days there setting up my booth. I've got a few ideas I think will be fun! Then the show is open Thurs., Fri., Sat. and Sun. Stop on by and say hi. I've been told that the quilts this year are the best ever ..... can't wait to see them and you too! Mary Jane P.S. I hope my friend Anne reads this and sees that I can take and post pictures now - thanks to her encouragement!

No comments: