Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Almost Done!

I am so psyched! Yesterday I went to the post office and picked up a package from my machine quilter. I've spent the last couple of months working on "Gentle Violet", and it has turned into my "baby". So, after the top was completed I sent it off to be machine quilted. Now if you're like me, you can't always pick out a quilting design that will look good on a specific quilt. That is a talent I do not possess! I rely on the professionals to guide me and then I worry that I won't like it - but my worry was unnecessary! When I opened up the box I took a deep breath and then dove right in. I was so thrilled - the quilting is absolutely perfect and it really did make the quilt. Now I'm trying to get the binding on so I can ship it off to the photographer. It is made from the most beautiful Lecien fabrics .... and the fabric arrived yesterday so I'll be able to make kits. Look for the kits sometime in October. Enjoy your day. Mary Jane

No comments: