Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hurray for Sunny Days!

Don't you feel wonderful on a beautiful sunny day? Well, today is one of those days in New Hampshire. The sky is blue, there are a few fluffy clouds and it is warm. It is so easy to let your imagination loose and dream about all of the quilting projects you want to complete.....and so easy to forget about all of the dust "bunnies" around your house. In preparation for the installation of the new hardwood floors, I was packing up the CD's (not money, but musical) last night and I found a few of those "bunnies" that were hiding on the shelf behind the CD's. Who knew they were there? And most days, who cared they were there? I have a friend who refers to dust as a "protective coating". Since most of us juggle our lives, there is usually one or two things that kind of take 2nd place. I find that the dusting is definitely on the bottom of the list, especially when I make so much dust every day with cutting and sewing that it is an endless task.
So what is on my list to create soon......I received a shipment of bright fabrics with penguins and polar bears. I fussy cut the polar bears and I'm going to make a childs quilt using the bear blocks and some pieced blocks of bright fabrics. So far I've picked out lime green, orange and pink. I want it to be fun and I think the bright colors might just do it.
Hope you are enjoying your day and if it isn't sunny, just make your disposition sunny and it won't matter. Mary Jane

1 comment:

little acorns said...

Hi Mary Jane!
I hope that you are still having some of those sunny days! We are having plenty here. . . in fact it's getting into the 90's. . . & so we will be wishing for some cloudy, rainy days. . . !
On the dust bunny front. . . I found a bunch - all huddled together in my studio - hiding behind the cutting table. I'm letting them hide out awhile - while I finish getting ready for Market. . . But now I also know what the first chores will be when I get back! For now I have a great big "dust bunny' named Bailey - who just yesterday came into the house with his muddy feet - after being out in the garden . . . leaving little trails of his little paw prints al over!
I'll see you soon in Portland!
xo, Bren