Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesdays Are Definitely Better Than Mondays

Now that yesterday is over, I can say "Hurray for Tuesday!!". When I arrived home last night the horror show had ended. The wallpaper was all off the walls and the painter (who is a perfectionist - thank goodness) had patched and primed so you would never know the stuff had ever been there. They had started edging with the new paint, so now I could see what it might look like. It is so different from what was there before, I'm sure when I get home tonight and the job is done it will be like coming into a house that belongs to someone else. Of course the full effect won't be had until the new couch arrives (and you'll be happy to know I didn't buy the lime green one), and the hardwood floors are put down (next week's big adventure). I picked out a couch that is pretty modern, but I don't think too wild. My friend Elaine might even approve! It has a soft chocolate brown background (if I can't eat it I might as well sit on it), with 2" circles of light tan, a darker brown and aqua. So the wall color is the aqua color of the circles. Since I haven't bought a new couch in 22 years it was a bit overwhelming. You never think about the style - with a ruffle, a pleat, with no ruffle or pleat, wooden legs, what finish for the legs, etc. and then go on to pick out fabric for the couch and fabric for the pillows. UGH - I spent quite a few hours in cyberspace putting different covers on various couches until I think I have one I'll like. We'll see when it arrives in 8 weeks or so. In the meantime the old one will be there not quite matching the new decor, but what's a girl to do? I definitely need a spot to sit when I sew on quilt bindings.
Speaking of quilt bindings - I'm just finishing the binding on a quilt that I'm donating to Quilt Pink. It looks sort of antique so if you want to see it, look for it under "The Christmas Shoppe, Richmond, NH" on Quilt Pink's site in the future. They will auction off the quilts they receive on e-bay and the auctions will run for several months depending on the number of quilts that are donated.
Today my daughter, Allison, graduates with her Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Antioch New England. We're going to celebrate by going to the Blue Trout Restaurant. She has worked long and hard to get to where she is today and we are so proud of her. And to top it off, she received a great job offer yesterday....so I guess it really is "Hurray for Tuesday". Mary Jane

No comments: