Monday, April 28, 2008

What A Day!!

Some days don't you just think it might have been better to stay in bed?? Well, today is definitely one of those days. Let 's see - started the day off at 7 am moving things around for the painter. Not such a bad day yet, but when the painter arrived it rapidly went downhill. When the painter came to give the bid on the job, he tried taking off some of the wallpaper....no problem and the bid reflected this no problem situation. When he arrived this morning wouldn't you know that the one piece he removed so very easily was the only piece in the whole entire 30' room that would come off. Now he's talking about the length of time = money this will now cost, and my husband is talking about how women always have to change things (even though this wallpaper has been up for almost 11 years). And by the way, which women is he referring to since I'm the only woman in his life?? I'm not sure about all husbands, but at least my husband thinks that anything you have will last your entire lifetime. There is never a need to modernize or change with the times. I believe this about spouses, but not wallpaper - I'm not trying to change him into a younger model! Then the next fiasco is the painter calls to say there is water leaking in around the chimney - of course, that is right where they are painting! This was fixed twice by the man who built the chimney and then next by my husband. It hasn't leaked since my husband fixed it 2 years ago so it would pick today to start again. If I were a drinking woman, I would probably stop at the bar on the way home. But since I don't drink, I think lovingly of chocolate, but I've decided to cut the calorie intake (what a bad time to think I needed that) but when my husband weighed the other evening and I realized that we weighed the same......it was a shocker. So now I'm watching him eat 4 donuts yesterday (only one so far today that I know of) along with many, many other LARGE calorie foods and thinking that I need to IGNORE the donuts, STEP AWAY from the donuts.....carrots are your friend! I overcame the donuts calling me and maybe when I see friends at Quilt Market in Portland next month they will actually notice (HINT-HINT) how hard I worked, and what amazing will power I have. So now I'm on my way home to see just what has happened there today. I'm hoping that the beautiful Ralph Lauren paint I picked it is on the walls and it will all be worth it. I'll try and let you know tomorrow. Mary Jane (P.S. Thank you for the therapy session - I feel much better now!)

No comments: