Thursday, January 24, 2008

The End of Errors of My Ways

Does the title of this blog sound like a segment from the Jerry Springer Show? Well, it's not quite so spicy. I have finally finished the pineapple log cabin variation blocks I was working on where I had my blonde moment (or two) from the previous post. I didn't make any more mistakes since I decided to actually read the directions after the mistakes on the first 48 block! I am now ready to put on the borders and, of course, I am debating which fabric to use for the 2nd border. I have a really great fabric, but I'm not sure how to cut it so that the design doesn't look all chopped up. I think sometimes fabric designers just make beautiful designs but don't actually think about how their designs will work when cut. Do you cut it to get all of one design and just have a little bit of something else on the edges? Do you cut it randomly (which definitely isn't in my nature)? I've taken classes with Mary Ellen Hopkins where you were supposed to grab any fabric from the bag and use it. Oh my goodness, this is something that can put me into a spin. I like to have the colors flow.....my biggest "outside of the box" was putting together a 30's quilt and using all of the pastel shades and also using red and blue. But of course, I had to put the red and blue blocks together and the pastel blocks together separately. Heaven forbid if you put a lavender with a red! The color police would have been at my door.
I am now researching digital cameras because I am very camera challenged. If you have any suggestions of a camera that is easy enough for a 1st grader to use and also easy to download photos to my blog, please let me know. I want to be able to share pictures of my works in progress with you.
Have a great quilting day.. Mary Jane

No comments: