Thursday, January 3, 2008

From The Frozen Tundra

When I climbed out of my nice warm bed this morning, I knew it was chilly. Then I looked at the thermometer and it said 10 degrees BELOW ZERO, so I knew it was more than chilly. Even Mick, our Sheltie, who loves the cold weather, since he's always dressed up in his fur coat, thought it was too cold to stay out very long. He usually wants to engage in a game of chase the snowballs, but not this morning. Now they are talking about temperatures getting up to almost 50 degrees by Sunday. I don't know if I should get out the shorts and sleeveless tops, or put on my long johns! Oh to think that this is only January 3rd....what will the real winter months bring?


I finished the blocks on my last quilt of 2007, but I didn't put the borders on yet. So I guess now it will become my 1st quilt of 2008 once I put the borders on tonight. (Of course, I'm already planning my next project.) And those of you who are reading this that live locally, I'm going to have a 1930's party on January 12th. The price of "admission" is to bring a dessert to share with the other "party" people! We are going to make a small 1930's project, so make sure you sign up because space is limited to 6. And you will need to get together your "party" supplies so you can complete this cute little project. Happy Quilting....Mary Jane

No comments: