Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Week & Portland, Oregon Here I Come

I can't believe it is only one week until I arrive in Portland, Oregon for Spring Quilt Market! I've had a lousy cold, sore throat and laryngitis since Saturday so I'm hoping I'll be all better for the trip (and the BIG buying that I do at Market). Market is so much fun, but it also is work because you are spending tons of money and hope that what you buy is what your customers will want. Because as much as we shop owners love quilting, fabric, patterns, etc. we wouldn't be in business very long (unless we were independently wealthy) without someone buying our products. So anyone out there in cyberspace that has a request....post your comments! I would love to hear what you are looking for.
In the meantime, they should be pretty much finished with the hardwood floor in the big room today.....it is coming out really nice! But what a mess to clean up....furniture on the porch, all the "Junk" from 3 closets scattered everywhere and what I really want to do is lay down on the couch (which is on the porch) and get over my germs. Last night I tried to make dinner working around our leather chair right in the middle of the kitchen. It wouldn't fit on the porch so it ended up in the kitchen. I made a quiche and it was very interesting rolling out my pie crust in such a small area, but it came out really good. So tonight there is no cooking because we have leftovers! I really love leftovers....So have a nice day. Mary Jane

No comments: