Monday, May 5, 2008

Tomorrow is a New Adventure

I am looking forward to tomorrow when the workmen arrive and start on the hardwood floors! I have never been a fan of wall to wall carpeting so out it goes. I won't say I'm looking forward to the work still ahead tonight...getting the couch, dining room table, etc. out of the room. I moved all of the small things about a week ago, but couldn't quite figure out how to move the big things by myself.
Then next week it is off to Quilt Market in Portland, Oregon! I always get so excited about market because there are so many wonderful things to see. Aisle after aisle of the latest in fabrics, patterns, etc. I usually spend my first day walking every aisle and making notes. No orders until I've seen it all. It is a very long day and my feet attest to that by dinner time! The really special part of this spring's market is where I'm staying. About 10 years ago I was delayed in the airport in San Francisco and met a wonderful woman in the coffee shop. She lives in Portland and has asked me to stay with her. I am really looking forward to it. It is funny how spending a short period of time with someone could result in such a great friendship. We have kept in contact over the years and have a wonderful bond. So Mary, I'll see you next week!
In the meantime, I'll try and post again before I leave. And I'll try and take some pictures that I can share with you after I return. I'm sure you'd like to see what's new too. Mary Jane

1 comment:

little acorns said...

Hi Mary Jane,
Oh - I know that it's such a job to get everything ready for new floors. . . & quite an ordeal in the installations process too. . . but for wood floors. . . it will be worth it! By the time you return from Market - you will be so happy to come home to beautiful wood floors!!!
See you soon!!!
xo, Bren