Thursday, May 22, 2008

Quilt Market = Candy Store

If you have never been to Quilt Market, just imagine acres and acres of beautiful booths filled with more fabric than you can imagine, incredibly constructed quilts and creativity abounding until your head starts to spin. That's what Spring Quilt Market in Portland, Oregon was like. So I hopped on over to Bunny Hill Designs and met up with my friend Anne Sutton, who is the head bunny! Here is Anne's booth which was absolutely adorable - and she won for best single booth!! Congratulations Anne - you are the greatest.
Then I rolled on over to see Brenda at Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. Brenda is a sweetheart....so kind and generous and such an artist. And now she's designing fabric for Henry Glass. Now I was off to visit the Daiwabo booth. If you have ever wondered who is the face behind those yummy Japanese taupes - it's my friend, Maria. And please look close - Maria is sporting new glasses!

What quilt market would be complete without making new friends too. Look what's blooming at Bloom Creek. Here's Vicki who is a wonderful designer. These quilts were absolutely beautiful...so much so that I had to order the patterns and all the fabrics to make them with. I'll put them on my website as soon as they arrive!

Lastly I just had to take a picture of Alexander Henry's booth. They have some wonderful fabrics, but mostly I wanted you to see their banner "WonderShop". It looked like a fabric fairy land.....if only my picture could do it justice.

I walked for almost 9 hours a day for the first 3 days of the show and then 7 hours the final day. I could never describe all I saw, but at least here is a little glimpse for you to enjoy. Mary Jane

1 comment:

Anne Sutton said...

Be still my heart! You have pictures! I am SO proud of you. Now just keep it up! (: