Saturday, December 22, 2007

Has The Christmas Spirit Arrived?

Here's what's up today at the Carey household ...... my 2 daughters, 2 grandsons, my son-in-law and my brother-in-law are coming to join us for a little celebration. Even though we see them on Christmas day, we wanted someone to see our Christmas tree this year. Every year we put up a tree and then no one comes to appreciate its' beauty.
Now here's the interesting thing about today. We are serving them homemade waffles and homemade ice cream. And we are serving it on my Mother's Christmas dishes! I have the red and green table cloths on the tables and these lovely dishes that my Mother gave to me before she passed away. Do you think Miss Manners would think that was proper?
The first time we tried this menu on the grandkids, they were amazed that the waffles weren't frozen. They didn't know they came any other way. You think they would know that Grandma doesn't use prepared foods. I'm all for making the food from scratch. In fact, one year for my Grandsons birthday I made a carrot cake. He asked me why I had to put carrots in it. Then he said he only wanted a piece of the bakery cake that his mom had purchased. Well, once he saw everyone taking the carrot cake he asked if he could have some, and then have some more, and then...... you get the idea.
So here's wishing you a Happy Holiday season and remember that your family traditions can be your own! They will be special because you are with family and friends.

1 comment:

Anne Sutton said...

Yeahhhhh for family! Merry, Merry Christmas to my friend on "that" street. And if I'm the first to leave a comment on your blog than Merry Christmas to me! (:

Get that camera out...I want pictures.