Friday, December 28, 2007

Neither Snow Nor Freezing Rain.....

Well, just like the USPS the freezing rain didn't stop me! I made it home and picked out fabrics for my next quilt. I have a wonderful floral that I've wanted to use, so it's going to be the border. The pattern I chose has a pieced block in the center and sort of an Irish chain running off of it. The pattern shows the quilt made up in white, pink & black. But I decided that I would do a pale vanilla , a peachy pink and a soft green. Those are all the colors in the border fabric, so my quilt will be much softer than the pattern version. I'm in the mood for flowers .... I'm not thinking of snowmen any longer. (or freezing rain)
And I'm also not thinking of chocolate, cookies, cake and other goodies either. Too many goodies and not enough exercise are not a good combination, especially when you think that we have another 3 or 4 months of winter. I don't ski or ice skate, so I spend quite a bit of time at the sewing machine. I'm sure you get the BIG picture!
So I'm off to get out the die cut machine and get my 2-1/2" strips cut. Hopefully by the end of Sunday I'll have the top finished. I'll keep you posted and let you know my progress. This will probably be my last quilt for 2007, so on Tuesday maybe I'll start working on my first quilt for 2008!! I have enough ideas for quilts to keep me occupied until at least 2018.

2 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Oh- your fabrics for your quilt sound so fresh and lovely! Stay warm today!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

little acorns said...

Hi Mary Jane!
I didn't know that you had a blog until today! Welcome to blog-land! Your new quilt sounds so pretty & sewing away on a cold wintery day sounds perfect!
I hope that you have a very happy new year!
xo, Bren