Monday, December 17, 2007

Santa goes to the post office

Who would think that getting presents in the mail could be such a HUGE job? Especially when I didn't even buy that many gifts this year. But think about it...first you have to go shopping. I used to buy 1 for them and 2 for me. After all, I don't go shopping much so I must need something to wear. You just have to be fashionable when you're sitting at the sewing machine, right? Well, this year I pretty much just focused on what I needed to buy for others, that is, except for the cute French blue towels I bought to go in my bathroom. Then you have to wrap the presents. Now this can be a lengthy job because you want to make them look special - of course, you don't think about the fact that they will be thrown around the post office and not look anything like they did when you wrapped them. Then the fun begins because now you need to find boxes to ship them in. And of course, it is now only a week until Christmas so the time is running out. I had a couple of small gifts for friends and of course every box was way too big. So I had to take a big box and make it into a small box. Sounds easy, but I think it was harder than making a quilt. Cutting through the cardboard, making triangles out of the leftover cardboard to keep the small present from getting squished in the mail. Oh my, who said things were easy in life. Maybe I should see if Anne notices the box re-construction when it arrives at her house??? Now I've got 9 boxes to get into the post office and, of course, there will be a million people there today mailing at the last minute like I am. But luckily, I had the foresight to remember to bring the dolly. I am pretty nimble in my "older" age, but I don't think I can juggle 9 boxes at once. Now tomorrow I'm taking some "spa" time and going to get a pedicure. Can't have these pink toe nails for Christmas. Have to change to red, of course! Then a little more shopping to do, but thankfully these presents don't have to be mailed. Now it's off to the post office and then maybe it's time to get into the cookies I baked last night???

No comments: