Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Think We've Had Enough For This Year

Okay, so I said I liked to see snow for the holidays. It is so Currier & Ives. The snow glistens and we feel all festive! But now what do I see outside my window....freezing rain! You have to remember that I am not originally from New England. In fact I learned to drive in the San Francisco Bay Area and there sure wasn't any ice to practice driving on. So needless to say, I am a horrible driver when it comes to ice. I've learned to handle snow pretty well, but on ice I do everything wrong. If you shouldn't touch your brakes, I just put them on harder. So this post is going to be short. I need to go out into this mess that Mother Nature has blessed us with today and drive. Hopefully by the time I make it home we will still have our power, and I will soothe my nerves by starting on a new quilt. I finished the little 30's project right before Christmas. It is really adorable. Now I'm going to move on to something else and make it a surprise for you. Someday I'll be able to post pictures for all of you to see, but for now just use your imagination (I know all quilters are really dreamers and have great imaginations). My best to you from the frozen tundra...Mary Jane

No comments: