Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's Snowing Again!

Here we go again - the snow is coming down like crazy. So often in New Hampshire I hear people complaining about the lack of snow for Christmas. I don't think I'll be hearing that this year! Let's see, I think we've had 23" of snow in the last week. Now for a woman from Los Angeles, such as I, you might say what am I doing here in this snowbound environment? I thought that myself for the first 30 years or so that I lived in New England. I was freezing to death. Then lo and behold, I "matured" and now I'm not cold anymore! I actually think that setting the furnace thermostat at 62 degrees is the perfect temperature for inside living. Of course, now my husband complains about how cold it is. So I found the perfect solution - he wears about a zillion layers and I wear a short sleeved shirt. Isn't marriage all about compromise?
Here's the way my holiday season is going ..... I've baked gingerspice cookies (my youngest daughter's favorites), and cranberry date bars, then we were given lots of really delicious chocolates. My favorite was a truffle from Trader Joe's that tasted like creme brulee! So now the pants are a little tighter, but I needed to taste all of baked goods to make sure they were edible. I didn't want to give my family an inferior product, now did I? And of course, the trusty dog, Mick, and I haven't been for our daily walks because there is just too much snow. He's a Sheltie and if we go out in the snow he comes back with ice and snow dragging off of his gorgeous long fur, and it is a pain to clean off. We nicknamed him "Gorgeous George" because he is very beautiful, and he actually doesn't get offended when strangers call him a girl. He just knows he is so good looking.
So now it's off to the sewing machine to sew off some of these pounds I gained - I think it is kind of like aerobics, right? I think I'm going to work on a 30's club project. I'm thinking of having a 30's party and inviting a few people to make a little project with 30's fabrics. Does that sound like fun? I'm thinking the price of admission should be a dessert to share with everyone. Now that sounds even better.

No comments: